Here's the scoop on how to wear your jewelry
Casual-Brunch, weekend errands, relaxing on the patio. Go for your the fine metal pieces but you can definitely add to the visual punch by stacking.
Professional-The daily grind at the office, job interviews, corporate meetings. Think sleek but stylish! Go with your fave gemstone pieces and maybe a sleek bracelet watch.
Formal-Weddings, fundraisers and galas, the next time you visit the Queen. Think Grace Kelly-timeless classic pieces-diamond earring jackets, solitaire gemstone ring or a signature diamond choker.
After 8? -meeting ‘the one’ for a romantic dinner or happy hour with your besties. That’s the time to dress up the LBD with flash and sizzle. Try on something chunky or a ‘one of a kind’ signature piece. Just remember no more than 2 pieces so you don’t overwhelm the total WOW factor.
Keep it simple
Consider the symbolism -avoid flashy, instead opt for fashionable. Consider choosing jewelry to add meaning to your situation-class or military rings, maybe heirloom cuff links
Know when to wear it-if you are just a watch and keys kind of person then those special occasions are the best for making a tasteful fashion statement.
CARE OF YOUR JEWELRY
First things first!
- Always complete hair and makeup prior to selecting your jewelry.
- Take off your jewelry before you perform any sports.
- Remember, your jewelry can be damaged if too much pressure is applied, left out in the sun or harsh weather, if machine washed on cold.
- Gently clean your jewelry with a soft, clean cloth to maximize the shine.
- Sort out your jewelry whether it is imitation, pearl, gold, and silver so that you can use different methods for cleaning them
- Store your jewelry in drawstring purses or in velvet lined cases.
- Keep your chains clasped to keep them from getting tangled.
- Ask your local jewelry maker to inspect your jewelry on a regular basis for any damage.
- Store your platinum and silver jewelry to avoid tarnishing in ziplocs
- Gemstone jewelry needs to be taken extra care of, and you can do this by cleaning it with a soft brush and mild soapy water
- Clean your antique jewelry only with the advice of a specialist or you risk ruining it.
Also check regularly with your insurance agent to be sure your special heirloom & high end jewelry is covered.